Tuesday, September 22, 2009

You Are Cordially Invited To A "Family Celebration"!!!

Much to my surprise, some dear friends from our church
approached me a week ago and said they are throwing us a "Family Celebration" which will be sort of like a shower, but will put the focus on "family" where it should be. How wonderful and unexpected! And I loved that they grasped that the bigger meaning for us would be not about gifts but about simply acknowledging how blessed we are and to commemorate our upcoming adoption in some way.


So I got to thinking and decided I was going to "invite" all of my best supporters which are found here in the blogosphere! While I know you are far flung and couldn't possibly attend, I am hoping you will do so virtually by mailing us a post card (no gifts please, seriously) which shows your location on the front and has a message for our girls and family. It would mean a lot to me to have all of you present somehow. Maybe you could put how long you have been reading the blog or have "known" our family via online groups...some of you have been following our family in one form or another on the internet since not long after Matthew came home! I'd like to display them at the celebration somehow.



So, if you would like to "attend", please send your postcards so we receive them by a day or two before the celebration on October 17th. You may mail them to our work address:




The LaJoy Family

C/O Jetway Cafe

2100 Airport Road

Montrose, CO 81401



Wouldn't it be cool to have postcards from all over the US...and even from our readers out of the country? But the most important thing is that it would be incredibly meaningful...and powerful...to share with the girls some day so they could know that there were many who were praying them home.


We are so grateful to all of you who have carried us in your hearts for so long, visiting our blog often to check in, leaving encouraging comments, and walking this road with us. If I had my way I would have every one of you here to help us celebrate in person and I'd "pull an Oprah" and pay for your airfare to boot! hahahaha! But this is my little way of letting our "real life" friends know that many of you are terribly important in our lives as well, and we consider you to be a part of our extended family.


So please, if you think about it, grab a postcard at the store that says "Georgia" or "California" or even "France" and drop it in the mail to us, and we will celebrate knowing you are with us in spirit!!!

6 comments:

Kath said...

There will be a uk postcard on the way as soon as possible :D

Michelle said...

you will be so disappointed to miss your family celebration...since you are clearly travelling on October 13! However, your Alabama postcard will be there!

Heather said...

Cool!I'll be sending one. Thanks for letting us do this!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,

I loved that idea!!!
How old are your daugthers-to-be?

Love,
Teresa

Calico Sky said...

I'll send you one from England!

Anonymous said...

pointsfor cuckoos chieveley tooheavily fascinating craving pretoria contractor transformer tooh plana
semelokertes marchimundui