Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another Blow??

We heard from our agency today that they have a meeting on Monday at the Kazakhstan Embassy to discuss dossier issues. At this time no one knows what those issues might be...but we do know our dossier is submitted and sitting on someone's desk.

I have a sinking feeling, and am trying hard not to give into it. Please, oh please, don't let this be yet another setback. When will we have jumped through enough hoops? When can I finally feel "safe" in my heart so we can begin to feel some joy in all of this? I have been patient, and will remain so...but it is getting harder by the day. Remain faithful...remain faithful...remain faithful...

I just want my daughters home.

There is more on my heart right now that I can even begin to share, so much going on in so many different directions, so many concerns, so much I am learning. How I want to turn my brain off for awhile and can't!!
For those of you who care and are willing, can you pray that the meeting on Monday brings good rather than bad news?

Looks like it will be a long weekend.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are no words to express how sorry I am this is happening. I know how hard it is. You all need to do something this weekend to take your mind off of this at least for awhile. As always you are in my prays.

Hang in there. I got mine home after 2ys -10 of those weeks in the country - lots of issues, bumps and walls. Have faith (I know how hard that is at a time like this).

catherine n.

Lindsay said...

I'm sorry you have more uncertainty to deal with. My prayers are with you and the girls.

Shannon said...

The word "issues" always strikes fear into our hearts, doesn't it? We'll be thinking of you and hoping that you won't be affected.

Nana and Papa said...

Cindy, keep praying, as I am doing. I know how difficult it is. It took two and a half years to get Alex home from Kaz. Now, looking back, it was so worth the wait.
Barb H.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you have to go through all this. It is so hard when all you want is your daughters home. My prayers are with you during this trying time.

Lenore Ryan said...

Our prayers are with all the LaJoys! Keep the faith!!

Hilary Marquis said...

I'm sorry, no one deserves smooth sailing from here on out more than you! You've been more than patient these last few years. But, God IS faithful! We will pray specifically for Monday's meeting.

P.S. Go eat a cheesecake!

Anonymous said...

Bits from Psalm 62:

For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.

He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall never be shaken...

For God alone my soul waits in silence,
for my hope is from him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

On God rests my deliverance and my honor;
my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.


Peggy in Virginia

smctiver said...

Cindy,

We will be sending a bundle of prayers your way. Hopefully the "issues" will be very small mini-humps that you'll easily be able to roll over & bring your daughters home.

Mary from TN said...

I am praying for you guys! Waiting can be the hardest thing, but God is in the wait. We are waiting, too, to bring our son home from Kyrgyzstan.

Carrie DeLille said...

Close your eyes and absorb these words...you can do it, Cindy. I know your pain so many times over, I feel your pain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3b2jw1rjBc

Anonymous said...

Oh Cindy, I know it's incredibly nerve-wracking! Hang in there! I am praying HARD!! Try to stay busy and do fun things this weekend, and don't worry!
XOXOXOX
Dee

Unknown said...

I am so sorry , this can be so frustrating. Have you ever thought about him going to Sylvan? They can assess him and build the academic skills that he is missing. Just a thought.