Thursday, January 18, 2007

Kyrgyzstan Blog - Abortion

I have just added a link on my links section (see sidebar on right) for a Kyrgyzstan News Blog, which Dominick found and I think is very interesting. There is an article written on January 13, 2007 on abortion in Kyrgyzstan, which is very informative and shows this to be a controversial issue in that country as well as here in America. Sadly, the article states that the average is 1.5 abortions per woman in Kyrgyzstan. I wonder what the statistics are for America?

I have my own thoughts on abortion, which I don't want to go into at this moment here on the blog. But I want to say that I am very, very grateful to the 3 women who elected not to abort their children...those children who became or are about to become my sons. They had a choice, and from the sounds of it they took what sounds like an extraordinary path in their country by deciding to give life to their children. What if they had made a different choice? What would the world be missing out on if "T", Matthew and Joshua had never been born?

And what would Dominick and I be missing out on?

I am so very thankful I haven't had to find out.

No comments: